Becoming an ABA American Fishing Tour Director
If you are interested in becoming a director for ABA, here is some basic information on being a director. PDF Application
Some of the areas that are open:
Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota, New York, Kentucky (Green River, Barren River, Nolin, Cumberland River and Dale Hollow Areas), Colorado, South Texas, Southern Arkansas, Ohio North, Northeast Tennessee, Eastern Tennessee, South Central Tennessee. If you are in an area where you drive more than 1.5 hours to fish an American Fishing Tour event your area may be considered too.
What is the criteria on becoming an ABA director?
- Be a current member of American Bass Anglers
- Have strong leadership skills and be sure to follow the ABA Director’s guidelines
- Promote the Series, ABA and our national sponsors as well as any local sponsors you might have
- Be organized both pre and post events
- Provide pre and post tournament information
- Run a very well organized event
- Work with our support team both pre and post your events
- We have a support team here to help you along the way and provide step by step instructions on running the events. The main reason for this consistency.
- Director's Aggreement: Directors are required to sign an agreement outlining responsibilities, non-competition requirements, and non-disclosure information.
Division: Each division will have a minimum of six (6) tournaments (5 one-day events and 1 two-day event) taking place after January 1st of the tournament year. Divisions may elect to have additional events and "early bird" events in the fall of each year.
Divisional Schedules: Each director will be responsible for establishing their schedule along with confirming ramps and lakes as set forth in this handbook. Directors should research the lake sites and establish tournaments on those lakes that they feel will draw the largest field.
Headquarters will provide basic equipment for the successful and efficient operation of divisional tournaments.
- ABA Director software
- Scales (deposit required before being shipped. Deposits are refundable upon successful return of equipment to ABA Headquarters.)
- Weigh bags
- Forms (hard copy can be supplied. They will also be available on-line for director download)
- Special On-line access
- Divisional Web Page with stories for your division added and promoted on Social Media.
- Director’s handbook
- Divisional Fliers (PDF download)
- National Media via the web and social media
- Commission on all divisional entries
- Commission on all memberships taken onsite at divisional events
- Full Support Staff (Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm CST)
The Process: Once we receive your application, process it we will contact you to help you form your division. You will be required to fill out an ABA Director's Agreement before we form the new division.
Thank you for your interest
American Bass Anglers, Inc
American Fishing Tour - Latest News
Hamilton Wins on the Potomac River
9/7/2019 Bill Hamilton of Huntingtown, MD. takes the Maryland AFT D11 tournament win on the Potomac River launched from Smallwood State Park near Marbury, MD.
Kentucky Lake Division August 4, 2019
The ABA Bass Pro Shops Couples Tour, Kentucky Lake Division completed their final tournament of 2019 this Sunday. The weather was nearly perfect right up to the weigh-in, at which time Mother Nature dropped high winds and heavy rains for about an hour. Fifteen teams participated today out of the Big Bear ramp. Teams fought a very tough bite all day. A total of 23 bass were brought to the scales for a combined weight of 64.98 pounds. We paid out a total of $1,275.
Division 10 Heads to Sam Rayburn
ATHENS, Ala. – The South East Texas division of the Bass Pro Shops Open Series will hold its final one-day event of the 2019 season on September 14th in Brookeland, TX on Sam Rayburn Reservoir. The competitors will launch at Umphrey Family Pavilion, Located at 3967 Recreation Rd 255, Brookeland, TX. Anglers will begin fishing at safe light with the weigh-in starting at 3 p.m. Onsite registration and check-in will be from 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Friday, September 13th at the Umphrey Pavilion.
ABA Announces the 2020 Bass Pro Shop Team Tour
September, 03, 2019, Athens, AL - American Bass Anglers announced the 2020 Bass Pro Shops Team Tour season details today. The Bass Pro Shops Team Tour will hold nine team tournaments in two divisions that offer a Triton/Mercury boat package* for the first-place team at each divisional event. The year-end 2020 Team Championship will offer two Triton/Mercury boat package* to the Championship first place team and a combined payout of up to $80,000 in cash, prizes and bonuses based on a full field.
Registration for the 2020 season will begin September 16, 2019 at 8 am with special incentives for early registrations. Teams may register online at AmericanBassAnglers.com or call (256)232-0406.