American Bass Anglers, Inc.
2019 Bass Pro Shop Fishing Tour National Championship Rules
Lake Eufaula; Eufaula, AL - October 13-18,2019
These rules supplement the 2019 Bass Pro Shop Fishing Tour rules and will remain unchanged throughout the 2019 Bass Pro Shop Fishing Tour National Championship. Interpretation of these rules shall be left exclusively to the tournament director. All 2019 Bass Pro Shop Fishing Tour rules remain in effect. (Change made 7/15/19-Off Limits)
1) PARTICIPANTS AND ELIGIBILITY: Participation is open to current members in good standing of American Bass Anglers, Inc., who are 14 years of age or older and possess a valid state fishing license for tournament waters, and who have qualified to participate in the 2019 Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour (Must have fished a minimum of four one-day tournaments and one two-day tournament). Proof of age to the satisfaction of tournament officials is the responsibility of the competitor. Tournament officials reserve the right to refund entry fee, if they choose for any reason not to accept the application for entrance. Any person entering a tournament that is under 18 years of age must have the signature of his/her parent or legal guardian on the entry form.
2) POLYGRAPH: By signing the official entry form contestants agree to submit to a polygraph/voice test examination. All 2019 Bass Pro Shop Fishing Tour rules apply (see Link)
3) PRE-TOURNAMENT PRACTICE/OFF LIMITS:
a) Pre-tournament practice; will be from safe light on October 13, 2019 through 3PM October 15, 2019. During official practice contestants may only pre-fish alone, with a member of his/her immediate family, another contestant of the tournament, a national sponsor of American Bass Anglers or a member of American Bass Anglers or Bass Pro Shops staff. ANGLERS MUST BE OFF TOURNAMENT WATERS BY 3:00 PM ON OCTOBER 15, 2019.
b) Off Limits; Tournament waters will be off limits from midnight September 29nd thru safe light October 13,2019. No contestant may enter the tournament water for the purpose of catching or locating possible fishing locations during the off-limits period or after the mandatory rules and safety meeting or after each day's weigh-in. During the off-limits periods, other than using publicly available information (e.g. newspaper, periodical and internet reports) competitors cannot solicit, receive or gather any information via phone, electronic devices or any other means about locating or catching fish on tournament waters. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS
4) REGISTRATION: Begins July 15th thru September 27th, entries received after September 27th will be assessed a $25 late fee. Late registrations will be accepted by calling ABA Headquarters thru October 9th, on-site registrations will be accepted until 3:00 pm on Tuesday October 15, 2019 at the Lake Point Resort Ball Rooms. ANGLERS MUST BE REGISTERED AND ENTRY FEE PAID BEFORE ENTERING TOURNAMENT WATERS.
5) ONSITE Check-in: Onsite Check-in will be Tuesday October 15, 2019 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm at the Lake Point Resort Ball Rooms. Failure to register on-site will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee. MANDATORY SAFETY AND RULES BRIEFING will be at 6:30pm October 15, 2019. Failure to attend this meeting will result in disqualification.
6) SAFETY: 2019 Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour Rules Apply.
7) PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Fishing will be permitted on Lake Eufaula and all waters contained therein; locking is not allowed. Competitors must stay on tournament waters and in sight of each other throughout the tournament day from send-off until weigh-in (Exception: Nature call). Off-limits will be all AREA INSIDE MARINA HARBOR BREAK WALL and any areas designated as off-limits by local/federal authorities. Additional off-limits areas may be designated and explained at the pre-tournament meeting by the tournament director.
8) OFFICIAL CHECKPOINT: There will be THREE FLIGHTS: designated RED, WHITE and BLUE. There will be only one official point for checkout in the morning and check-in in the afternoon. Competitors not at the checkpoint at the designated time will be penalized at the rate of one pound per minute, deducted from his/her total weight for the day. Any competitor more than 15 minutes late for send-off or check-in will be disqualified for the day. Official start and weigh-in times will be announced at the pre-tournament meeting.
9) SCORING: Pounds and hundredths of each competitors (three day total) catch will determine tournament standings and placement. Only largemouth, spotted, red eye or small mouth bass will be weighed. The creel limit shall be five (5) bass of the above species. At no time shall a competitor have in his/her possession more than the tournament limit. Culling must be done immediately. CULLING OF DEAD FISH IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Minimum lengths for this event will be 14 inches for largemouth bass and 12 inches for spotted bass (measured on a flat board).
10) PAIRING OF COMPETITORS: All assignments of partners will be by computer draw, day one parings will be announced at the MANDATORY rules and safety meeting on Tuesday, October 15, 2019, at 6:30 pm. Day one paring will be text to anglers at the end of the meeting. Pairings for day two and three will be posted at the weigh-in sight after each day’s weigh-in and will appear on angler’s daily weigh slip. Any contestant refusing to take or go with another contestant will be subject to immediate disqualification. The Tournament Director may reassign pairings prior to morning ooze-off to accommodate problems and/or emergencies.
11) TRANSFERS: There will be no transfers of tournament entry fees. Refunds, minus 10%, will be given through October 9, 2019 only.
12) NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFICATION: As defined in the 2019 Bass Pro Shop Fishing Tour Rules.
13) ANGLER OF THE YEAR: Angler of the Year eligibility will be in accordance with the 2019 tournament rules. “Angler of the Year” title will be awarded to the highest finishing AOY angler competing in the Championship based on their total weight for the three days of the competition.
14) AWARDS: All awards will be presented at the Friday night banquet. The highest placing angler by place of finish will be the National Champion. In the event the winner of the National Championship is also “Angler of the Year”, he/she will be awarded the first-place prize boat and second place angler, by place of finish, will be awarded the second boat. The Draw boat will be awarded by open draw to those anglers competing in the National Championship, angler must be present to win. Anglers are not eligible to win more than one prize boat from the Bass Pro shops Fishing Tour during the same calendar year.
15) WAIVER AND RELEASE: As a condition of participation in this tournament, competitors must execute a Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Form.
American Fishing Tour - Latest News
Jamie Sellers wins Division 40 Tournament on Kentucky Lake
On Saturday May 16, sixteen anglers launched from Lucas Harbor ramp in New Johnsonville, TN. These anglers found it to be a tough bite with only one angler bringing in a five fish limit to the scales. Jamie Sellers from Burns, TN brought 5 fish to the scales weighing 10.35 lbs. Jamie won $451 for this first place finish.
Bobby and Karen Holman win on Lake Mitchell
Bobby and Karen Holman won the Bass Pro Shops Couples Series, operated by American Bass Anglers, Central Alabama Division 1 tournament, held May 16, 2020, on Lake Mitchell. Running out of Higgins Ferry boat ramp out of Clanton, AL, they caught 5 bass weighing 14.85 pounds. For the victory, they earned a check for $500.00. Bobby won the Man’s Big Fish with a 4.39-pound kicker. They caught their fish early in the morning in shallow water.
Hunter Bouldin Takes the win on Center Hill
ATHENS, Ala. – The 2020 Bass Pro Shops Central Tennessee Open Series held its second Tournament of the season on Center Hill at Ragland Bottom. Hunter Bouldin took 1st place for the Boaters with 5 fish weighing 15.04 lbs. He took home $2,300 for his 1st place finish. Hunter also landed the biggest bass for the boaters with a nice 3.84lb bass, he took home an additional $420 for that fish. He caught his fish swim baits and Carolina rigging and flipping.
Adam Wagner and Chris Tarpley Take Home a new Triton on Center Hill
The 2020 Bass Pro Shops Tennessee Team Tournaments 2nd Event was held on Center Hill at Ragland Bottom with 53 teams fishing. Finishing in 1st place with 5 fish weighing 15.80 lbs. was Adam Wagner and Chris Tarpley winning a 2020 Triton TX 17 with a Mercury 60 HP 4 stroke outboard valued at $ 20,000 and winning $1,200 in the option pot. They caught the winning string fishing deeper flooded trees using a Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver.