American Bass Anglers Special Tournament Guidance
Athens, AL. (Updated) January 8, 2021…. Today American Bass Anglers is being proactive in providing guidance on all ABA tournaments. First and foremost, the safety of our anglers is of the utmost importance and concern and we are taking steps to ensure their safety at all events. As a result of national and local guidelines, all ABA one and two-day tournaments will continue as normal with on-site modification to procedures to reduce and mitigate anglers being within proximity of each other.
In the event a tournament is postponed and rescheduled as required by local governments we will notify all anglers affected.
ABA is providing guidance to our tournament directors and managers on how to properly operate our events to eliminate the need for large gatherings. These new procedures will be in effect until rescinded. An example of this would-be briefings for all Open Series and Championship events will be done with anglers in their boats, on the water the morning of the first day of the event. Weigh-ins will be altered slightly to provide appropriate distances among anglers. It will make our weigh-ins a bit longer but distancing personal contact will be greater than CDC guidelines.
We are asking members to take seriously the following guidelines for all events.
1. All persons should follow the CDC guidelines on everyday prevention of viral infections including: Wearing a mask, use of hand sanitizers, and avoiding close contact.
2. We request all anglers register online for all events (Reduce registration lines at the ramp)
3. Anglers wishing to register on-site (paying by Credit Card or Cash) will be accomplished during published registration times.
4. Friday onsite check-in has been modified, for those anglers who have a freedom pass may call the director and check-in by phone.
5. The Friday evening Mandatory Meeting will be moved to Saturday morning with all boats in the water.
6. Arrive early to the ramp for launch, the new procedure will take more time since you will need to launch your rig on your own. Do not ask someone to launch you.
7. If you are a co-angler met your boater partner at the ramp instead of offsite.
8. Maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance from any other angler during registration and weigh in with no more than 10 anglers grouped together.
9. Follow all directions from your tournament director
10. Be patient with other anglers and the tournament directors, time is not important your health and safety are.
11. Wash your hands or use sanitizer frequently! Do not shake hands
12. Anglers should wear gloves while handling any object that is not your own or has been in the possession of others.
13. We will remove the restriction of only using ABA weigh bags. We will have ABA weigh bags available however you are encouraged to use your personal weigh bags when possible. At weigh-in, we will use baskets to handle your fish from fish check through weighing.
Bass Pro Shops Open Series and Bass Pro Shops Team events
1. Registration and weigh-in for Bass Pro Shops Open Series events will be held outdoors at the weigh-in site on the stage trailer.
2. Communications such as boat numbers and launch positions will be accomplished through SMS text.
All ABA events (changes to tournament procedures):
Mandatory Briefings for all events will be held the morning of the event with boats on the water and engines off.
Less weigh bags will be put out for weigh-in.
ABA is continuing to monitor all situations closely through the CDC website and local and state sources and will issue additional guidance if the need becomes necessary. Again, fishing is the best way to get away from the crowds and ABA will operate events in the best way to mitigate the gathering of anglers in one location. We ask each of our members to be safe and recognize the importance of distancing during this time.
If you have questions, contact your local tournament director or email firstname.lastname@example.org
American Fishing Tour - Latest News
ATHENS, Ala. –John Hopkins of Smyrna Tn wins Bass Pro Shop Open Series Central Tennessee final one day tournament, held July 24th on Old Hickory Lake.
Team Tour Championship Postponed
Out of an overabundance of caution The Team Tour Championship that was scheduled for 10/10-11/2020 on Wheeler Lake has be postponed. The National Weather Service is forecasting winds of 10-20 mph with gust up to 35mph for Saturday, and winds of 10-15 mph with gust up to 20 mph Sunday. The safety of our anglers is the number on concern and factor when making the tough decisions on postponing a tournament. The new dates for the Team Tour Championship will be November 21-22 on Wheeler Lak