Military Team Bass Tournament
- Wheeler Lake - Rescheduled, Practice Days May 31 - June 2, Tournament Days June 3,4,5
- 3/21 Kerr Lake - Rescheduled to 06/28/2020
- 3/21 Ross Barnett - Rescheduled to 05/10/2020
- 3/28 Chickamauga - Rescheduled to 06/27/2020
- 3/28 Sam Rayburn - Rescheduled to 06/21/2020
- 3/28 Potomac - Rescheduled to 08/02/2020
- 3/28 Okeechobee - Rescheduled to 9/26/2020
- 4/8 Ray Scott Championship - Rescheduled to 11/1-7/2020
- 5/2 Sam Rayburn-TBD
- Division 25 - 4/05 - TBD
- Division 19 - 04/19 Rodman Cancelled
- Division 93 - 04/18 - Alum Creek Cancelled
- Division 93 - 05/02 Buckeye Cancelled
- Division 54 - TBD
- Division 15 - 04/04 Neuse River - TBD
- Division 17 -04/11 Roanoke - TBD
- Division 17 - 04/25 Gaston - TBD
- Division 91 - 04/18 Wheeler -TBD
- Division 91 - 05/02 Wheeler -TBD
- Division 60 - Cancelled all remaining events
- Division 16 - 04/04 Falls - TBD
- Division 16 - 04/18 Kerr - TBD
- Division 14 - All April Tournaments Cancelled
- Division 60 (New Mexico)
- Division 13 - 04/04 Gaston Cancelled
- Division 13 - 04/25 Kerr Reschedule TBD
- Division 13 - 05/09 Gaston Cancelled
- Division 13 - 05/23 Chickahominy TBD
- Division 12 - 3/29 Reschedule TBD
- Division 10 - 04/05 & 04/10 Reschedule TBD
- Division 11 - 04/05 & 04/25 Reschedule TBD
- Division 36 - 03/29 Reschedule TBD
- Division 52 - 04/04 Reschedule TBD
- Division 57 - 03/28 Reschedule TBD
- Division 39 - 04/04 Reschedule TBD
- Division 05 - 4/19/2020 TBD
- Division 05 - 4/26/2020 TBD
- Division 05 - 5/03/2020 TBD
- Division 40 - 04/11 Kentucky Lake Cancelled
- Division 125 - 04/04 Lanier Cancelled
- Division 125 - 04/18 Carters Cancelled
- Division 50 - 04/11 Dardanelle Cancelled
- Division 58 - 04/11 Big Hill Cancelled
- Division 111 - 04/11 Toledo Bend Cancelled
- Division 88- 04/25/ Neely Henry
- Division 92- 04/18 Berlin Lake
- Division 48- 04/25 Bistineau
- Division 49- 04/11 Truman
- Division 11 - 03/29 Lake Murray TBD
- Division 11 - 04/11 Santee Cancelled
- Division 11 - 04/25 Wateree Cancelled
- Division 5 - 04/04 Harding Cancelled
- Division 5 - 04/25 Lanier Cancelled
- Division 8 - 04/05/2020 Kentucky Lake TBD
- Division 65 - 04/18/2020 Grand Lake Cancelled
- Division 12 - 04/11/2020 Grand Lake Cancelled
- Division 4 - 04/19/2020 Mountain Island Cancelled
- 04/04 Lake Lanier has been rescheduled to 05/09/2020
American Bass Anglers Special Tournament Guidance
Athens, AL. March 16, 2020…. Today American Bass Anglers is being proactive in providing guidance on all ABA tournaments scheduled between March 20th and May 2nd. First and foremost, the safety of our anglers is of the utmost importance and concern and we are taking steps to ensure their safety at all upcoming events. As a result of national and local guidelines all ABA one and two-day tournaments will continue as normal with on-site modification to procedures to reduce and mitigate anglers being within proximity of each other.
Some Larger events may be postponed and rescheduled as needed or as required by local governments where anglers must travel large distances and could be separated from their families for a period of more than 2-days. When these postponements are made, we will notify all anglers affected.
ABA is providing guidance to our tournament directors and managers on how to properly operate our events to eliminate the need for large gatherings. These new procedures will be in effect until rescinded. An example of this would be briefings for all events will be done with anglers in their boats, on the water the morning of the event instead of standing in the registration area. Weigh ins will be altered slightly to provide appropriate distances among anglers. It will make our weigh-ins a bit longer but distancing personal contact will be greater than CDC guidelines.
We are asking members to take seriously the following guidelines for all events.
- All persons should follow the CDC guidelines on everyday prevention of viral infections.
- We encourage anglers to register online for all events (Reduce registration at the ramp)
- Anglers wishing to register on-site (paying by Credit Card or Cash) will be accomplished during published times.
- Anglers desiring to register on site by credit card should call their tournament director during the registration time and register by phone.
- The Friday evening Mandatory Meeting will be moved to Saturday morning with all boats in the water.
- Arrive early to the ramp for launch, it will take more time since you will need to launch your rig on your own. Do not ask someone to launch you.
- If you are a co-angler met your boater partner at the ramp instead of offsite.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance from any other angler during registration and weigh in with no more than 10 anglers in a group
- Follow all directions from your tournament director
- Be patient with other anglers and the tournament directors
- Wash your hands or use sanitizer frequently! Don’t shake hands
- Anglers should wear gloves while handling any object that is not your own or has been in the possession of others.
- We will remove the restriction of only using ABA weigh bags. We will have ABA weigh bags available however you are encouraged to use your personal weigh bags when possible. At weigh-in we will used baskets to handle your fish from fish check through weighing.
Ray Scott Championship (multi-day event)
- Due to the length of the Rays Scott Championship and the distances anglers would have to travel, this event is being postponed until November 1st through November 7th. We have coordinated with Neil Paul at Visit Anderson and he has confirmed the rescheduled dates for the event. This action is in keeping with national and local government guidelines and will enable all angers who qualified to attend the new date.
- Anglers who are registered for the event will receive a personal email or phone call with additional instructions.
Bass Pro Shops Open Series and Bass Pro Shops Team events
- Registration and weigh-in for Bass Pro Shops Open Series and Bass Pro Shops Team events will be held outdoors at the weigh-in site on the stage trailer.
- Communications such as boat numbers and launch positions will be accomplished through SMS messaging.
All events (changes to tournament procedures):
Mandatory Briefings for all events will be held the morning of the event with boats on the water and engines off.
Less weigh bags will be put out for weigh in and anglers will be called by boat number to get a bag to weigh fish with.
ABA is continuing to monitor all situation closely through the CDC website and local and state sources and will issue additional guidance if the need becomes necessary. Again, fishing is the best way to get away from the crowds and ABA will operate events in the best way to mitigate gathering of anglers in one location. We ask each our members to be safe and recognize the importance of distancing during this time.
Bass Pro Shops Opens Series - Kerr 3/21 Rescheduled DUE DNR restriction
Bass Pro Shops Opens Series - Ross Barnett 3/21 Rescheduled DUE local authorities. Rescheduled date 05/01/2020
Bass Pro Shops Opens Series - Potomac River 3/28 To Be Rescheduled DUE DNR restriction.
Bass Pro Shops Opens Series - Chickamauga 3/28 To Be Rescheduled DUE local authorites. Rescheduled date 06/27/2020
Bass Pro Shops Opens Series - Lake Okeechobee 3/28 To be Rescheduled DUE local authorites. Rescheduled date 09/26/2020
Bast Pro Shops Opens Series - Sam Rayburn 3/28 To Be Rescheduled DUE DNR restriction Rescheduled date 06/21/2020
Bast Pro Shops Opens Series - Sam Rayburn 05/02 To Be Rescheduled DUE DNR restriction Rescheduled
All Entries will be rolled over to the new dates.
If you have questions contact your local tournament director or email [email protected]
American Fishing Tour - Latest News
Larry Franklin takes win on Kentucky Lake
On March 28, 2020, Larry Franklin of Waverly, TN won the Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour Division 40 tournament presented by American Bass Anglers. Larry brought in one of only two 5 fish limits for the tournament. His five fish tipped the scales at 18.60 lbs. His weight was anchored by a big kicker that weighed 6.95 lbs. which gave him the big fish of the tournament. For the victory Larry took home $451 for first place and $150 for big fish.
Lake Russell Served up 9 Limits for North GA Couples
Saturday, March 21, was a beautiful spring day with bluebird skies and a slight breeze—a day that brightened the spirits of some anglers on Lake Russell, going out of Beaverdam Marina. Every team brought in a limit of fish and scale weights were very close. First place was Ronald and Earline McBride with 11.93-lbs.
Duane Wardlaw Takes the win on Percy Priest
ATHENS, Ala. – The 2020 Bass Pro Shops Central Tennessee Open Series Tournament kicked off on Percy Priest Lake at Fate Sanders Ramp with 47 boaters and 28 co-anglers. Finishing in 1st place Boater with 5 fish weighing 20.44 lbs. was Duane Wardlaw winning $2,400. He caught his fish using an Alabama Rig. Duane also landed the biggest bass for the boaters with a nice 8.35-lb beauty, earning him an extra $460.
Patterson and Douglas Take Home a new Triton on Guntersville
ATHENS, Al. – The 2020 Bass Pro Shops Alabama Team Tournament kicked off on Guntersville Lake at Goose Pond Landing with 100 teams. Finishing in 1st place with 5 fish weighing 24.20 lbs. was the team of Johnny Patterson and Bryan Douglas winning a 2020 Triton TX 17 with a Mercury 60 HP 4 stroke outboard valued at $ 20,000 and $1,000 in the option pot. They caught their winning stringer fishing crankbaits, rattletraps and jigs and even broke out a spinning rod to complete their limit.