2020 American Couples Series National Championship
Lake Keowee, Seneca SC September 13-18, 2020
Schedule of Events
Registration Begins August 3rd, 2020
FORMAT CHANGE: Due to the situation with COVID-19 we are required to change our tournament procedures to comply with National, State and Local Government requirements to reduce the possibility of spreading the virus. The daily procedures will be slower than usual but be patient, your health and wellbeing are what ABA is concerned about. The following are mandatory procedures and sequence of events for the tournament.
- All anglers are required to wear face mask/protection, use hand sanitizer and maintain social distance of 6ft minimum during registration and weigh-ins. Mask are suggested but not required while fishing.
- During on-site registration mask and/or face protection is required.
- Angler will be required to fill out and sign a Liability Release at time of registration.
- At time of registration, anglers will hand their Liability Release to the check-in person.
- After being checked in – anglers will receive a goodie bag and box meal then exit the inside area, do not linger go outside. There will not be a Wednesday sit-down Meal.
- The tournament rules and safety briefing will be held Thursday morning on-the-water, insure you and partner are in the water prior to safe light.
- Flight and boat numbers will be sent via text message after registration has closed
- Weigh-in Procedures – During weigh-ins face protection is mandatory and the 6ft distancing rule will be in effect. The following are mandatory weigh-in procedures.
- Only ABA weigh-in bags will be used – only 15 bags will be put out.
- Holding tanks will be used however, only two anglers are permitted at a tank.
- Anglers will deliver their fish to the bump person for counting and measuring, the bump person will place fish back in weigh-in bag and angler will take to scales. After weighing fish angler will take fish to release boat.
- Draw Prizes – Each morning the Tournament director will call out the prizes and pre-drawn names of those winners for that day. After weigh-in these winners may come to the stage trailer and collect their prizes. This announcement will be made each morning of the event so pay attention; it will be your responsibility to collect your prize after weigh-in.
Off Limits: Sunset Sunday August 30, 2020 to Safelight Saturday September 12th, 2020.
Official Practice: Safelight on Saturday September 12th until 3:00 pm on Wednesday September 16th, 2020
Director's Dinner: Tuesday, September 15th from 4-6 pm – Gigniliat Center-, 621 N. Townville Street, Seneca, SC 29678 – By invitation only
Rules and Safety Briefing (mandatory): (See Format Change Above)
Launch and Weigh-In Site: South Cove Park, 1031 S Cove Road, Seneca, SC 29672
Competition Days: Thursday, September 17th safelight (take off) – 3:00 pm (weigh-in), Friday, September 18h Safelight until 2:00pm - at South Cove Park, 1031 S Cove Road, Seneca, SC 29672
Visit Oconee SC
105 West Broad Street
Walhalla, SC 29691
Host Hotel: Best Western, 511 BYP US HWY 123, Seneca, South Carolina
Host Triton and Mercury Dealer:
72 East Marine Sales
3336 Calhoun Falls Hwy
Elberton, Ga 30635
License Information: South Carolina Fishing License.
American Fishing Tour - Latest News
RANDY WOODHAM Wins D72 on OCONEE
Randy Woodham of Social Circle, GA took the win for D72 of the Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour held on January 16, 2021, on Lake Oconee. His total weight of 17.12 pounds netted him $755 cash for first place and a nice trophy. Randy secured his five fish limit with a 5.62 pounder, and won additional cash of $370 for the optional big bass pot and the Big Bass trophy. Randy is currently in the lead for AOY position for D72.
North GA Couples kicks off 2021 season with double header on Lake Lanier.
October 3 brought post frontal winds and bluebird skies, starting the day off with waning harvest moon. With some fall transition it made for some challenging fishing but beautiful weather to be on the lake. With 8 teams fishing there was only one limit brought to the scales but all others had at least one keeper to weigh, with exception of one team who had to leave lake early due to boat problems.
Bass Pro Shops Open Series Coming To Lake Okeechobee
Athens, AL - The south Florida division of the Bass Pro Shops Open Series will hold their first tournament of the season on Lake Okeechobee. On Saturday, January 23, 2021, the tournament will be out of Clewiston, FL, launching out of the framed Roland Martin Marina and Resort.
It will be interesting to see how much Okeechobee has changed since last January. On this same weekend last year, Scott Kirsch of Edgewater, FL, won the boater side of the event with a five-fish limit of 18 pounds. Mason Meder won the Co-Angler side of the event with a three-fish limit of 10.91 pounds.
Team Tour Championship Postponed
Out of an overabundance of caution The Team Tour Championship that was scheduled for 10/10-11/2020 on Wheeler Lake has be postponed. The National Weather Service is forecasting winds of 10-20 mph with gust up to 35mph for Saturday, and winds of 10-15 mph with gust up to 20 mph Sunday. The safety of our anglers is the number on concern and factor when making the tough decisions on postponing a tournament. The new dates for the Team Tour Championship will be November 21-22 on Wheeler Lak